Christopher Anzalone joins me to discuss conceptions of military jihad and martyrdom among contemporary Muslim militants, including an in-depth discussion of Liwa Abu al-Fadl al-Abbas in Syria and the different Sadrist groups in Iraq. Anzalone is a PhD student at McGill University and an adjunct research fellow at the Ali Vural Ak Center for Global Islamic Studies at George Mason University.
- Views From the Occident blog by Anzalone
- al-Wasat blog
- Middle East Research and Information Project
- Chrsitopher Anzalone on Twitter @ibnsiqilli
- Karl Morand on Twitter @KarlMorand
- Thomas Hegghammer on Twitter @Hegghammer
- Aaron Zelin on Twitter @azelin