Hussein Ibish comes back on the show to talk about recent issues in the Israeli – Palestinian conflict, including Palestinian efforts to join international organizations and treaties, support for Palestine from other Arab states, Israel’s withholding of Palestinian tax revenue, and much more.
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
Please support the podcast by making a small, monthly donation on Patreon!
Shashank Joshi comes on the show to talk about India’s Middle East foreign policy. Topics we covered include:
- Importance of remittances from Indians living in the Middle East
- India’s relationship with Israel
- Why India sees an “advantage in obscurity” in deciding its Middle East strategies
- Indian hostages in Iraq and India’s inability to effectively respond to the situation
- India’s need for a “Look West” policy in addition to “Look East”
- India’s relationship with Iran and Saudi Arabia
Please support the podcast by making a small monthly donation on Patreon. Thank you!
Mary Fitzgerald comes back on the show to discuss the conflict in Libya. Topics we covered include:
- The two competing parliaments, their strengths and weaknesses, and the various armed groups that make up their coalitions
- The complexity of the conflict, and the importance of resisting simplistic narratives to describe the situation
- Political leaders’ ability to control the armed groups operating in Libya
- Attempts by the UN and UN Special Representative Bernadino Leon to deal with the crisis
- Contradictions between what Libyan political leaders say and what they do
- External actors’ role in the development and escalation of the crisis
- How Libya’s oil factors into the conflict
- What could come next in the Libyan conflict
Make sure you check out the book the upcoming book that Mary co-authored: The Libyan Revolution and its Aftermath – you can pre-order it on Amazon.