David Andrew Weinberg comes on the show to talk about human rights in Saudi Arabia. We covered many topics including:
- What are the most pressing human rights issues in Saudi Arabia?
- How much influence does the U.S. have to affect change on Saudi human rights issues?
- Saudi policies that have lead to, or perpetuated, human rights abuses in other Middle Eastern countries
- The strategic implications of Saudi Arabia’s human rights record
- What it takes to get changes implemented in Saudi Arabia
- How the U.S. can push for change without jeopardizing its relationship with Saudi Arabia
- Dr. David Andrew Weinberg | Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- New Report Documents Saudi Rights Abuses That Harm U.S. Interests
- Sweden Breaks Arms Agreement, Saudi Arabia Recalls Ambassador
- David A. Weinberg (@DavidAWeinberg) on Twitter
- Karl Morand (@KarlMorand) on Twitter
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes
This episode was supported by Scott Herbert. You can help support the show by making a small donation on Patreon!
Transcript of this episode – produced by Frederick Wertz