Aaron Zelin of Jihadology.net joins me to discuss how jihadi groups are using the web. Zelin’s recent New America Foundation paper “The State of Global Jihad Online” provided the basis for our discussion. Some of the topics covered include:
- History of jihadi web usage
- How web activity translates into real action
- Use of private forums vs. social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Tracking jihadi web activity by intel agencies and academics
- What happens when jihadi forums and accounts are taken down
- English vs. Arabic jihadi activity online
- The potential future of jihadi web activity
iTunes Link to subscribe and rate the show.
Direct mp3 download of this episode.